Saturday, July 7, 2012

Flowers in England

How does one choose what to say about the trip of a lifetime?  Ten days in England and 3,000 photos later, I don't know where to begin.  So I'll share photographic memories with you by subject matter - and first up will be flowers!  Everything was so green, and the flowers were incredibly beautiful, in every nook and cranny, and of all shapes and sizes.  I do so miss the annuals and perennials we could have in more northern climates.
I hope you enjoy these photos as much as I enjoyed the gardens!









The above photos were taken at Moreton Hall Farm, our first Farm Stay UK.  What a lovely place, and what a gracious hostess!  Of course, I was quite happy about the dogs and cats, as well!

The photos that follow were taken at David Austin Gardens.  David is an exquisite breeder of roses, and the free public gardens seemed to go on forever.  

 








At our second farm stay, Manor Farms, the flowers were, again, in glorious bloom.  I even got to see (and smell) peonies, which my mother always grew.  













Roadside fields of poppies - oh, my!




The flower shop where John bought flowers for his mother's grave.


And more along the way.....


And I am not done!  

No comments: