Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Gift of love

My dear friend, Jamie, is leaving soon to move to Virginia Beach.  After a very long struggle, her husband got a great job and has already relocated there.  Jamie has been my cheerleader, my positive when I'm negative, my thrift shop buddy for several years, and I will miss her more than I can say.  I created this piece just for her.  I didn't count the layers of wax, but it's my first full encaustic collage.  Stamps, paper, a hankie, images, old wallpaper, music, a book page- all are  layered in about 10 or so layers of wax.  Suze, my mentor (although she doesn't realize it), guided me through this via her videos and previous class instruction.  It is my hope that Jamie smiles every time she looks at it.
 
 

1 comment:

Lynn Stevens said...

What a wonderful gift for your dear friend, I'm sure she ill treasure it forever, its so hard to say goodbye to such a close friend!
Thank you for your kind words on my blog, glad you liked my glove!
I saw on your other blog you do faux finisheg! HAHA, I do faux finishing and murals too for a living, must be the creative side coming out!