Saturday, April 7, 2012

Oh, the places I'll go....


This morning was the first of many future visits to Harns Marsh, a plot of protected land less than 5 miles from my house!  What a glorious morning it was - the air was just cool enough to start out wearing a jacket, birds were calling and crying, and the sun was glowing brightly on beautiful, blooming flowers.  What more could a girl with a camera want??
Another photographer there told me this was the worst day he had even been there - worst as far as photographing birds is concerned.  Well, then, I have a great deal to look forward to!  I was thrilled with my photos and the birds I saw, some of which I must look up the names of!  I'll post my favorites and you can come to your own conclusion.
I can't wait to take my dear friend there with his camera when he returns.  It's such a lovely, peaceful place!
Click on the photo to see it larger.
Woodstork in the sky, ducks skimming the water.


Woodstorks in flight - even at their size, the eagle can scare them up.
Glossy ibis

Are you impressed yet?  I can't believe it - there are more!



Coots



Tri-colored heron
Darn, I missed a photo-op because I didn't wear my flowing white dress!
A fleeting few seconds of far-off flight, a glimpse of pink, and I got it!  A roseate spoonbill!
This is where I was standing - the roseate was all the way back to the trees, on the left.
I was only using a 70-300 lens.  Miracles do happen!

Dragonfly season is one of the benefits of humidity.

Hello?

I'm sure that's enough for all of you for now!  I chose my favorites out of the 300 I kept.  I hope you enjoyed them!

No comments: