Sunday, September 27, 2009

Beauty in the swamp




I just HAD to visit the Six Mile Cypress Slough today. Every other time I have gone was during the dry winter season, and I have been pining to see it wet. And see it wet, I did! While it was raining, part of the time! Everything was so much different - there were no creatures to be seen - no otter, alligators, squirrels, snakes.....very few birds were visible, although we heard more than we saw (an anhinga and 2 ibis), and the cypress knees protruded amongst ferns that went on forever! Every body of water was very smooth and glassy, and some were quite full of beautiful plants and flowers. These are just a couple of my favorite pictures from today's visit. Those clouds are actually the reflection of the clouds in one of the ponds, and the grasshopper posed for me on the way to the car.

No comments: